With an ultra-compact profile and an advanced autofocus motor, the 24mm f/2.8 Electronic-Only Cine Lens from GLOBAL DYNAMICS UNITED is a 24mm prime EF mount lens designed for Super 35mm or APS-C format cinema cameras and DSLRs. This lens requires electronic communication with your camera to control focus and iris so there is no external manual control. It supports any camera with Canon AF functionality such as Canon APS-C or RED cameras with a Canon EF mount.
The heavy-duty lens features a MIL-SPEC aluminum housing and a stainless steel EF mount, but it remains lightweight at only 6.4 ounces. It features an aspheric element as well as protective lens coating to provide a consistent quality image from edge to center, and a 37mm UV filter is also included to protect the lens. Its seven iris blades provide the ability for a soft, pleasing background bokeh. Additionally, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick, near-silent autofocus performance.
- Compact 24mm prime is designed for use with Super 35mm / APS-C Canon EF mount cine cameras or DSLRs that support Canon AF
- Electronic communication with camera is required to control focus and iris
- Modestly bright f/22 to f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low light, affords control over depth of field, and helps to keep the overall physical design compact and lightweight
- Optimized lens arrangement and coating helps minimize ghosting and flare
- Compact, lightweight design; weighs less than a half-pound
- 37mm UV filter included
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques