Arriving THIS WEEK is the new RED RANGER GEMINI!
RED Digital Cinema recently announced the new RANGER lineup, which now includes a GEMINI and HELIUM sensor option in addition to the MONSTRO VV sensor. The exciting part about these new sensor additions is that the GEMINI and HELIUM RANGER can be purchased, whereas the MONSTRO VV sensor is only available for rentals.
What makes the RANGER unique is that it is an all-in-one system. Each RANGER camera system features the same compact, standardized camera body that weighs in at about 7.5 pounds (depending on whether you choose the V-Lock or Gold Mount variant). It comes complete with a comprehensive I/O array to satisfy power-hungry studio configurations as well as boasts a large fan for quiet, more efficient temperature management.
Some of the RANGER features include:
- Integrated I/O’s
- Three SDI outputs (two mirrored and one independent)
- Support for wider input voltage (11.5-32V)
- 24V & 12V power outs (two of each)
- 12V P-Tap port
- Integrated 5-pin XLR stereo audio input (line/mic/+48V selectable)
- Genlock, timecode, USB, and control
- Shimmed PL mount
- Large diameter fan provides improved thermal performance
- Available in V-Lock or Gold Mount variant
Just like all current RED DSMC2 cameras, the RANGER can simultaneously record REDCODE RAW plus Apple ProRes, or AVID DNxHD or DNxHR at up to 300 MB/s write speeds. Also, it features RED’s end-to-end color management and post workflow with the enhanced image processing pipeline (IPP2).
The RANGER GEMINI comes complete with:
- New Production Top Handle
- Shimmed PL Mount
- New LCD/EVF Adaptor D with improved cable routing when used on the left side of the camera
- New 24V AC power adaptor with 3-pin 24V XLR power cable, which can also be used with 24V block batteries
- Lens mount shim pack
- Compatible Hex and Torx tools
We will have the RANGER GEMINI available for both purchase and rentals.
Financing options are also available, contact us at (858) 467-7111 for more information.