The QSC MP-M40 Music and Paging Mixer provides remarkable capabilities of processing and routing high-quality foreground/background audio for multizone retail and hospitality applications. Use the live mixing functionality for business applications that also require live speech reinforcement, including fitness clubs, hotel meeting rooms, and banquet halls.
The MP-M40 features 4 mic/line inputs, 4 line inputs, and 4 zone outputs, plus a channel for music on hold. Each line input features dual phono jacks (summed to mono) for easy connection to the sources typically found in business music installations. The unit is also equipped with cue-bus outputs for auditioning zones and tracks and a USB port for storing and recalling design files, presets, and scenes (beyond the mixer's internal memory). These are both conveniently located on the front panel.
Input processing includes high- and low-pass filters, 4-band parametric EQ, gate, and a dynamics processor, which is switchable between automatic gain control (ACG) or a compressor. Output processing includes priority sources for ducking, auto-loudness, 1/3 octave EQ, limiting, and 12 anti-feedback notch filters with a wizard/assistant to aid in setup. Software applications are available for free. The MP Install app (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows) is used by installers and designers to configure the system. The app can be used online or offline for preconfiguration. The workflow wizard assists you through setup and configuration and includes helping you set up the MP-M series peripherals including the MP-MFC wall controller (sold separately).
The MP Manage app is designed for iOS and Android tablets and smartphones to provide wireless day-to-day operation of basic system functions including zone level control and source selection, scene recall, scheduling, and mixer control. It also offers a unique store-and-forward paging functionality to the MP-M Series mixer. The installer may restrict or allow which functions are available to the staff.
At a Glance
- Supports up to 8 MP-MFC multifunction graphic controllers
- User control from iOS and Android smartphones
- Wireless store-and-forward paging from smartphone
- Mixer with automatic microphone mixer (AMM) function
- Limited 3-year warranty
Easy Configuration and Design
- MP Install app gives you an attractive graphic user environment with an intuitive workflow and controls that make it simple to manage all the inputs and outputs
- Helps the installer keep track of tasks and easily navigate the mixer
QSC Loudspeaker Voicings
- Apply Intrinsic Correction (factory FIR/IIR presets) to QSC loudspeakers to maximize the performance and value of the system
Customized Control Level
- Fine tune controls to allow as much or as little as the installation requires on the available MP-M Series control peripherals
Wired/Wireless Control Options
- Use optional MP-MFC wall-mounted controllers with graphic display to control zone source selection, zone output levels, input level selection, and scene recall
- MP Manage app expands these control options with wireless and more granular controls
- Facility staff may be restricted to only those controls that they are authorized to use
- MP-M Series mixers match the appearance aesthetic of the QSC MP-A Series music and paging amplifiers for an installation that looks as good as it sounds
The black QSC MP-MFC is an elegant, Decora-style wall mount controller for use with MP-M Series music and paging mixers. Its intuitive system control allows designers to configure with as much or as little control over the system as needed.
Setup is simple with the use of the free MP Install app for Android/iOS, Mac, and Windows computers. Control source selection and volume for a zone as well as recalling scenes. The MP-MFC controller features three large buttons (increment, decrement, select) as well as a crisp 1.1 x 1" monochrome graphic display, which clearly labels selectable functions and options.
The MP-M Series mixer has two ports for MP-MFC connectivity, each of which can accommodate four daisy-chained MP-MFC controllers with a maximum total cable length of 820 ft per port. Up to eight MP-MFC controllers may be connected to a single MP-M Series mixer using standard Cat 5 (RJ45) cabling.
- Configure as much or as little control as needed
- Control zone source selection, zone output level, input level selection, and scene recall
- Three buttons (increment, decrement, select)
- Crisp 1.1 x 1" monochrome graphic display
- Daisy chain up to four MP-MFC controllers per line